Integrations/TechnologiesBackup integrates with several technologies and applications:
- Windows Authentication
- Virtual Hard Disks
- Virtual Private Network
- Hyper-V (Virtual Machines)
- Resilient File System (ReFS)
- Volume Shadow Services
- Backup integrates with backup monitoring on client and server, preventing that either of them is suspended or the like during a running backup involving that client or server
- Backup can reuse the count down from Lights-Out after a backup to save energy on the client (this is supported with Lights-Out 1.x as well, triggering the final action of that client)
- If Lindenberg Software Backup is selected as the backup solution to use for a client, then Lights-Out can trigger backups via the tray icon of Lights-Out on the client or via the client commands or calendar of the Lights-Out server
- Backup can leverage the certificates provided by Lights-Out 2.0, see also Server Certificates, thereby establishing trust.
The most typical scenario will be that backup clients are also Lights-Out clients, and that the Lights-Out server is also the backup server, but this is not enforced. In particular the monitoring features are independent of any client/server relation.