IntroductionLindenberg Software Backup is my answer to the lack of a backup solution that matches my expectations:
- Support of full system recovery and recovery of individual files, i.e. the complete system must be backed up, however access to individual files must be possible, and preferably with standard tools
- Client/server, i.e. multiple clients backup to one server
- Remote backups, i.e. clients don´t have to be within your local network. Because network bandwidth is usually limited, initial backups and restores need to be done within your local network
- Scheduling and monitoring on the client. The user of the client shall be able to control when backups are done, and needs to be notified whether a backup failed or not
- Integration with Lights-Out 2.0 for clients and server in order to save energy (yes, I like and recommend it)
- Affordable Windows or Linux backend rather than expensive Windows Server editions
What next?Please check the links on the left side for more information. I encourage you to look into Basic Operation, Security Aspects, Performance, and other topics before Installation... The typical client I assume is (obviously) a Windows system with preferably a solid state drive. The server can be Windows or Windows Server, and I am also planning to port the server part to Linux.
LicenseLindenberg Software Backup 1.1 (Test version) © 2016-2018 Joachim Lindenberg. All rights reserved. This software includes work of other authors and contributors, please check Licenses.
This license covers the test version that expires on May 31st, 2018. Obviously while I spent a lot of time testing the software on multiple machines, nobody can guarantee it to be free of errors. Thus…
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.