IntroductionLindenberg Software Backup is my answer to the lack of a backup solution that matches my expectations:
- Support of full system recovery and recovery of individual files, i.e. the complete system must be backed up, however access to individual files must be possible, and preferably with standard tools
- Client/server, i.e. multiple clients backup to one server
- Remote backups, i.e. clients don´t have to be within your local network. Because network bandwidth is usually limited, initial backups and restores need to be done within your local network
- Scheduling and monitoring on the client. The user of the client shall be able to control when backups are done, and needs to be notified whether a backup failed or not
- Integration with Lights-Out for clients and server in order to save energy (yes, I like and recommend it)
- Affordable Windows backend rather than expensive Windows Server editions
What next?Please check the links on the left side for more information. I encourage you to look into Basic Operation, Security Aspects, Performance, and other topics before Installation... The typical client I assume is (obviously) a Windows system with preferably a solid state drive. You can download, install, and test Lindenberg Software Backup for 30 days free of charge. In case you decide to go with Lindenberg Software Backup, you can buy on Amazon Germany or Elopage.com.
LicenseLindenberg Software Backup 1.2 © 2016-2019 Joachim Lindenberg. All rights reserved.
You can install a fully functional version and test the software for 30 days. By installing the software and configuring it as a server, you agree that information identifying your server installation is transmitted to https://licenses.lindenberg.one, and that a periodic validation of the license status is performed. Except for the identification of the system used as a server no other information is transmitted. If you decide to buy later on, you will receive a personal license code for use on one system as a serverserver and supporting a definite number of clients. The license is a simple right of use, non-exclusive license of the most recent version, restricted in time, renewable, and non-transferable w.r.t. the person of the licensee. However, it can be transferred to another system (which will cause invalidation of the license on the previous system).
Obviously while I spent a lot of time testing the software on multiple machines, nobody can guarantee it to be free of errors. Thus…
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This software includes work of other authors and contributors, please check Licenses.