Lindenberg Software Backup integrates with Lights-Out of AxoNet (version 2 and up), which adds a number of nice features to Backup and greatly enhances the user experience:
- Lindenberg Software Backup integrates with backup monitoring on client and server, preventing that either of them is suspended or the like during a running backup involving that client or server
- Lindenberg Software Backup can reuse the count down from Lights-Out after a backup to save energy on the client (this is supported with Lights-Out 1.x as well, triggering the final action of that client)
- If Lindenberg Software Backup is selected as the backup solution to use for a client, then Lights-Out can trigger backups via the tray icon of Lights-Out on the client or via the client commands or calendar of the Lights-Out server
- Lindenberg Software Backup can leverage the certificates provided by Lights-Out, see also Server Certificates, thereby establishing trust.
- Starting with Lights-Out 3.0, Lindenberg Software Backup communicates the disk being backed up to Lights-Out where it is shown as configuration.
The most typical scenario will be that backup clients are also Lights-Out clients, and that the Lights-Out server is also the backup server, but this is not enforced. In particular the monitoring features are independent of any client/server relation.
The following table shows the communication supported between Lindenberg Software Backup
|Lights-Out Client||Lights-Out Server|
|✔||keeps server alive in case Backup Client on server does a backup no matter what destination.|
|✔||not supported. Instead you can configure a remote pipe to an additional Lights-Out server. This allows to separate Backup Server and Lights-Out-Server but still have a consistent status on Lights-Out-Server.|